Getting to the next level of Digital Signage network success can be a challenge. This SPEED On! education program is designed to accelerate the effectiveness and success of installed corporate and ad-based dynamic signage networks. Developed by Lyle Bunn, this program is available for private presentation and webinars in which primary elements will be presented are being planned.
There are answers and experiences that can serve well in moving your corporate, ad-based or hybrid network forward. This SPEED On! program uses presentation, case studies, open Q&A and open forum discussion to provide information and input that will allow networks to advance to new levels of ROI, value, success, efficiencies and economies.
Maximizing the value from the digital signage network requires a revisit of some of the core planning elements and operating approaches. It is common for early stage benefits to be realized in communicating with patrons, shoppers, staff and students, even as initial operating challenges are smoothed out. This program offers insights into gaining the highest Return on Investment to position the network for success and expansion including build-out and benefits from scalability and operating efficiencies. This program aims to take networks to a new plateau of success and value.
Primary areas to be addressed include:
- Key industry trends: Key factors impacting digital signage networks will be outlined along with indicators of the current and projected use of digital place-based media.
- Common problems and structural challenges that are providing structural impediments to the growth and success of networks will be described, along with remedial options and approaches to advancing despite these challenges.
- Return on Investment expectations become more important as capital and operating expenses must generate business value. Ways of approaching ROI analysis that can validate and fuel ongoing investment will be presented. Some performance benchmarks will be provided.
- Transition to third party advertising and sponsored messaging: As corporate networks examine the option of and move forward with third party payment programs, infrastructure must be put in place to assure the success of this. Approaches to achieving funding through subscriptions, advertising and other approaches will be outlined. Operational capabilities and organizational shifts required to generate third party revenue will be addressed.
- Integrating with the "Paid-Owned-Earned" media model: The way in which dynamic place–based media can enable 360 degree marketing, viewer engagement, transmedia and overall communications cost-effectiveness will be outlined. The awareness of Digital Signage positioning in the current communications model enables improved use of the media.
- Content strategy: Through presentation of key points by Kim Sarubbi, followed by a short interview and open “town hall” format discussion, actionable insights will be provided that enable the network to move to new levels of impact and effectiveness
- Technology Architecture/Infrastructure: The technology platform must enable cost-effective operations and growth. Economies of scale and operating efficiencies are only possible if the technology architecture and infrastructure are scalable. Robert Orndorff, Executive Vice President of The Automotive Broadcasting Network (ABN) which has completed the corporate transition to a more functional Content Management System (CMS) will outline the key decision points, considerations, processes and benefits related to this fundamental transition.
- Linking to Mobile: The deployment of the network allows operators to link with end-user mobile devices using content and technologies. The resulting impact and new revenues improve the ROI of the network. Links to mobile and location-aware devices that can position the network to provide higher value will be outlined.
Presentation slides will be provided in .pdf format to registered participants in advance of the SPEED On! program,
Lyle Bunn (Ph.D. Hon.) is the creator and primary presenter of the SPEED On! advanced Dynamic Place-based Media program. Lyle is widely recognized as a “guru” of digital signage and has been recognized with an Honorary Doctorate for his contributions to Digital Signage education.
He has consulted with hundreds of project teams and assisted some of America’s largest and most innovative organizations in their planning and optimizing of corporate and ad-based networks. As an industry analyst he has recognized and reported on key industry trends and the outlook for the sector and the media.
Lyle has published over 200 articles and whitepapers, and presents at virtually every major event related to place-based dynamic media. He has produced and moderates the monthly Ad-based Place-based Networks webinar series, moderates the Digital Media in Canada Series and has chaired the DSE13 OOH Track Education Committee. He serves on numerous industry advisory councils and award judging programs. He has presented elements of SPEED to more than 2500 professionals. See www.LyleBunn.com
Who should attend:
This SPEED On! program is an advanced course for managers and operators of existing corporate and ad-based digital signage networks, as well as agency and supply professionals seeking to better serve their clients who require or use such networks. Organizations that are planning their network or are at the early stages of deployment or system use will find this program very useful to the refinement of their plans, operations and approaches.
- Identify the symptoms of network under-performance
- Ability to create “a network performance score-card”
- How to better integrate Digital Signage with other communications
- Approaches to improving network effectiveness and ROI
- Awareness of how to transition to third party revenue
For additional information about this program contact: